St Mary's Church
St. Mary’s Church Pixham
St. Mary’s Church (C.of E.) is on Pixham Lane at the turning to Leslie Road. It is a lovely building designed by one of Britain’s most celebrated architects (Sir Edwin Lutyens) and has a regular congregation who are very welcoming to visitors and enquirers. It is a daughter Church of St. Martin’s Church Dorking.
The normal monthly pattern of services is:-
First Sunday - Holy Communion at 10.30 am
Second Sunday – Morning Prayer at 10.30 am
Third Sunday - Pixham Praise with Holy Communion at 10.30 am
Fourth Sunday – Rise and Shine with breakfast at 10 am
Fifth Sunday – Songs of Praise at 10.30 am
Services on the 3rd, 4th and 5th Sundays are particularly family-friendly, but there are activities for children available every Sunday under the guidance of a qualified teacher.
Activities at the Church.
1. Regular creative craft based activities for children, as part of family worship on Sundays.
2. On Monday & Tuesday afternoons & evenings in term time The Surrey Academy of Ballet (which is independent of the Church) offers Junior & Senior students, classes on Ballet, Musical Theatre & Dance in the Church building. Please see their website, surreyacademyofballet.co.uk for details.
3. On some Bank Holiday Mondays, the meeting room is open for refreshments, teas & tasty homemade produce.
4. On a Saturday in September, The Church is open for Heritage Open Day with live music, & refreshments.
5. On a Saturday in December, The Church is open for our
6. On a Wednesday evening in December, the Carols by Candlelight Service often attracts many people.
1. For Hire of the Church & or meeting room by groups or for functions during weekdays and Saturdays please contact Anne Brown: tel. 01306 884424 - email. email@example.com
2. To check service times particularly at times of major festivals and holidays. Please check the website: www.stmartinsdorking.org/news/
and click through to find the weekly Parish News and the weekly news sheet download button. It has St. Mary’s details.
For St. Mary’s enquires please contact Rev. Dave and Mrs Mary Cowan on 01306 885341.
For more general enquiries please contact St Martin’s Church Office, 01306-884229